Are you looking for natural ways to protect yourself during the spring months? Springtime seasonal threats have you sneezing and itching with watering eyes and keeping you from spending time outdoors? All of those flowers and trees attracting the birds and the bees have you running indoors? I have some great tips for you to keep you healthy and happy this spring. Keeping your immune system strong, your gut healthy, and your airways open are just a few of the ways we combat springtime seasonal threats in our home using doTERRA essential oils.
Here are my Top 6 strategies for combating those springtime seasonal threats. These work for me and I hope you enjoy this list and take it to heart so you can keep yourself healthy and happy and enjoy spring like never before!
- Use Lavender Touch under your nose and around your sinus cavities. Lavender is a natural antihistamine and will help protect you when outdoors. Be careful to not get any in your eyes! (If you do accidentally get an essential oil drop in your eye then just rub your eye with fractionated coconut oil, olive oil, or fatty milk to pull the oil and sting right out!)
- Try a capsule of Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint. Yes, doTERRA essential oils are safe to use internally and are also very beneficial! 3 drops each in an empty vegetable capsule once or twice per day is a natural way to keep your airways open and happy all day long. doTERRA sells Triease capsules that are super great and contain these 3 popular oils. The convenience and effectiveness of these little capsules is amazing!!
- Get Plenty of Sleep. Research proves getting proper sleep each night will boost your body’s immunity which helps you fight seasonal threats during every season. While the amount of sleep each person needs can vary, most healthy adults need between 7 to 9 hours of sleep.
- Diffuse Breathe blend every night. Breathe is a proprietary blend from doTERRA that is great for keeping airways open! It also keeps bedtime partners from snoring too--I am not kidding!! Want to bump it up a notch? Add a couple drops of OnGuard too and boost your immunity while you are at it!
- Wash Your Hands and don't touch your face! Where have you heard that before? But seriously, not only will scratching your eyes and rubbing your nose with dirty hands spread unwanted germs, it will also result in spreading allergens which will only worsen those itchy, watery eyes. Making sure your hands are CLEAN BEFORE YOU ITCH will definitely help.
- Time for a gut cleanse. Spring is the best time to take care of your gut health. Oils such as Oregano, Tea Tree, Lemon and Juniper Berry are amazing to help rid the body of all of the garbage built up over the winter months. Try a capsule of 2-3 drops of each of these oils twice/day for 10 days and follow it up with a good probiotic such as PB assist. Once your gut is healthy the body has a way of naturally combating those Springtime Seasonal threats.
What is your favorite part of spring? Mine is digging in my raspberry garden! Comment below what you love the most about spring and I will send you some of my favorite spring time diffuser blend recipes to try. Don't have any essential oils or a diffuser? No need to worry!! I will send you some free samples. Connect with me today! and I would be happy to help.
Thanks for reading!